Federal Funds Rate [Obama] vs. ]Trump[
https://i.imgur.com/pY2HWGr.png

Interessant.
Politisch motiviert?
Zufall?

https://www.valuewalk.com/2018/05/federal-funds-target-rate/

Funny How Inflation in 2018 Requires the [Fed] to Act, but Not in 2012

Political Bias or Something Else?

Is there any way to make a judgment on the political bias of the [Federal Reserve]? The answer is – of course not. But, the fact that the [Federal Reserve] failed to take any real, substantive action for almost seven years during the Obama administration might raise some eyebrows. The economy was doing fine and on solid footing back in 2012 or 2014, both years the [Federal Reserve] could have been more prudent about managing interest rates.

But, they failed to act back then. And now they’re moving. Hmm, is this funny or discouraging?

Think mirror.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/16/trump-says-fed-is-his-biggest-threat-because-it-is-raising-rates-too-fast.html

]Trump[ says [Fed] is his 'biggest threat' because it is raising rates too fast

President ]Donald Trump[ on Tuesday escalated his assault on the [Federal Reserve], calling it "my biggest threat."

"Because the [Fed] is raising rates too fast. And it's independent, so I don't speak to him," Trump said in an interview with Fox Business, referring to [Fed] Chairman Jerome Powell. "But I'm not happy with what he's doing because it's going too fast. Because – you look at the last inflation numbers, they're very low."

]Trump['s declaration was the latest in his series of attacks on the [Fed]. ]Trump[ has said the central bank has "gone crazy," he's blamed Powell for last week's massive drop in stocks and declared he was "not happy" with Powell's "loco" decision to continue raising interest rates.

"I'm not blaming anybody, I put him there," ]Trump[ said of Powell. "And maybe it's right, maybe it's wrong. But I put him there."

Although ]Trump[ has repeatedly said he believes the [Fed] is "making a mistake" with its monetary policy, he also has said he is "not going to fire" Powell. ]Trump[ said in an Oct. 11 interview that he is "just disappointed" with Powell's decisions.

The president's latest attack against the [central bank] came just hours after the Labor Department reported that the number of job openings in the U.S. economy leaped to a record 7.1 million in August. That's after the government reported earlier in the month that the unemployment rate in September dropped to 3.7 percent, the lowest level in nearly 50 years.

The recent economic data helped the [Fed]'s policy-making arm defend its increase to the federal funds rate in September – which was the such third quarter-point bump this year.

Both the [Fed] and markets anticipate a fourth rate hike in December. But ]Trump[ has continued to vocalize his disagreements with the [Fed] and that's led some to fear that the institution's independence is at risk. U.S. officials say ]Trump[ is honoring the [Fed]'s historic ability to make decisions outside of political interference.

=Tick Tock=

Bewerten
- +
Ansicht umschalten