Ansicht umschalten
  • Sebastian_R

mehr als 1000 Beiträge seit 12.12.2003

Was wir noch gar nicht diskutiert haben: Tesla baut weiter am autonomen Fahren.

Ich mache hier nur kurz einen Referenzpost, auf den ich in den naechsten Jahren immer wieder gerne verweisen werde: Was bei dem ganze Geschrei um Tesla als Autobauer vollkommen vergessen wird ist, wie die weiter am autonomen Fahren bauen.

Die haben dazu auch einiges gestern im Earnings Call gesagt - vereinfacht gesagt sind sie dabei ihre Software von einer "Bild zu Bild" AI auf eine "Video AI" umzustellen. Elon Musk meinte, er fahre die Alpha-Version jeden Tag und wuerde daher selbst sehen, wie gut diese Software sei.

And then for Full Self-Driving, we launched traffic license stop signs, and we continue to improve that to make them more robust. And we're currently testing Full Self-Driving software for intersections and city streets and narrow streets. So I personally tested the latest Alpha build of the Full Self-Driving software when I drive my car, and it is really, I think, profoundly better than people realize, yes, really profound. It's like amazing.

So it's almost getting to a point where I can go from my house to work with no interventions despite going through construction and widely varying situations. So this is why I'm very confident about its Full Self-Driving functionality being complete by the end of this year. It's because I'm literally driving it. In conclusion, I'd like to, again, say thanks for all the hard work of the Tesla team, achieving our first full year of profitability in the company history.[...]

Well, the actual major milestone that's happening right now is really a transition of the autonomy system or the cars, like AI, if you will, from thinking about things in -- like two-and-a-half feet. It's like think -- things like isolated pictures and doing image recognition on pictures that are harshly correlated in time but not very well and transitioning to kind of a 4D, where it's like -- which is video essentially. You're thinking about the world in three dimensions and the fourth dimension being time. So that architectural change, which has been under way for some time but has not really been rolled out to anyone in the production fleet, is what really matters for Full Self-Driving.

So what we've been doing, thus far, has really just been like 2D -- mostly 2D, and like I said, well correlated in time. So just hard to convey just how much better a fully 4D system would work -- does work. It's capable of things that if you just look -- looking at things as individual pictures as opposed to video -- basically, like you could go from like individual pictures to surround video, so it's fundamental. So the car will seem to have just like a giant improvement.

https://www.fool.com/earnings/call-transcripts/2020/07/23/tesla-tsla-q2-2020-earnings-call-transcript.aspx

Ich sage mal ganz frech voraus, dass Tesla den Markt absolut dominieren wird, sollten die es schaffen, diese Software wirklich auf den Markt zu bringen. Klar - vieles wurde von Tesla auch frueher schon bejubelt - aber hier glaube ich denen: ich fahre ja selbst ein Model 3 und ich sehe von Release zu Release wie das Auto besser wird. Kann mir also gut vorstellen, dass das, was hier erzaehlt wird auch Hand und Fuss hat.

Bewerten
- +
Ansicht umschalten